Since the Rush gig in Nashville is now 7 days away (OMG!!!!!!!!!), I thought it appropriate to do 7 blogs about the various reasons that I love Rush. Of course, that could easily stretch into a year's worth of reasons, but I thought 7 days was about as much as anyone could take. :)
Today's reason: the 'Family' of Rush
This one is nearest and dearest to my heart. Rush has given me my little family - my dear husband and daughter would not be my husband and daughter without Rush. Literally. And how many people can really say that about a rock band? See photo of Rush baby below. :) If she were a boy, she would have been Alexander Lee. How 'bout them apples???
But it isn't just my family, either. It's the extended family of Rush that I am a part of and have witnessed for years. I have made and kept so many friends just because of this one rock band. I've known of other couples besides Chas and me that have come together because of Rush. I know of people with sick children or parents whose 'Rush family' have rallied around to help them with medical bills or whatever else they might need. I've heard countless stories about someone who was a fan years ago and got back into them recently, only to reconnect with people they hadn't spoken to in years.
I'm sure other bands have similar stories, but I maintain there is some kind of kinship that is special to Rush fans. I think it's something to do with the band always being a tad 'under the radar' or just on the fringe of what's 'popular' that helps us fans form a certain bond. (Suck it, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...) Whenever I run into someone else who likes Rush, I understand them and they understand me. Because that's what families do.

Great idea! I'm looking forward to the next part(s) in this series. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are right, there is a kinship among Rush fans.
ReplyDelete