I read a blog today that had this list going, and some of it was like a page out of my life. So I thought I should do the same. It's a very easy list to come up with.
The Top Reasons Why My Husband is AWESOME (in no particular order)
He is an awesome cook. This bodes well for us because I am kind of a lazy cook. Mainly, I just don't give a toss about it by the time I get home from work/gym etc. I have neither the time or energy to devote to cooking on most days. So trust me when I say - our family would surely go hungry if it wasn't for him.
He is amazingly patient. This is a plus when you're dealing with children. It's a HUGE PLUS when you're dealing with me.
He is the glue that holds us all together. I am a freaking prize fighting champion worrier. He takes things as they come. He runs the errands I ask him to run (and some that I don't), he loves and cares for the tot every day without ever one complaint (though let's be frank, sometimes parenthood could make you want to run from the house screaming your fool head off), tends to the yard, the house, the dog and the cat, my family, our friends, computer customers and me.
He dealt with me when I was pregnant. This is HUGE, people. I'm a handful most days. But hormonal, fat, tired and uncomfortable? Really, do I have to say anything else??
He is fun (and thus better than me at playtime). I can be fun, but I have to dig deep for it sometimes. He just IS fun, and boy does Emily know it. No wonder she stands at the baby gate and whines when he is in the kitchen cooking. She wants her fun back, pronto.
He loves my family and friends like they are his own. If you're dating (or married to) a guy who doesn't do this, kick them to the curb with due haste. If you're looking for a mate, this is a quality that should be high on your priority list. Meanwhile, continue to be jealous about who I am married to. :)
He's never met a stranger. This sounds meaningless, but trust me when I say, it is not. Do you know how great it is for me to introduce him to a wad of new people all the time (people I may have known for my whole freaking life or close to it) and not feel like I have to stand there and 'lead' the conversation? HUGE deal. I hope this is a trait my daughter possesses one day. (When she is old enough to know not to take candy from strangers and shit like that.)
He loves Rush and hockey. The first one, he came to on his own (thank god, or we never would have met!). The second one, he blames me for which is fine by me. What in the hell else would we do from October - June if we didn't have hockey? LOL. Point being, I'm glad we'll always have at least two things to do together that we both love. Well, until Rush stop touring (can't.talk.about.it) or the NHL is defunct.
and, last but not least...He puts me first. Even though we have the cutest daughter in all creation, and she means everything to him, he always tells me that I am his first priority. And not in the 'if momma ain't happy, no one is happy' mentality either. But because he generally values our relationship above all others. I hope I do the same in return even half as much as he does.
I could easily do a second edition of this and probably will. Work actually expects me to work right now so I am forced to stop. Curses!!!
And this is why you guys are one of my favorites couples! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's why we are my favourite couple too!
ReplyDeleteLove you sugar