Wednesday, March 30, 2011

7 reasons why I love Rush - part 4

One word - diversity.

No, no - I'm not talking about the fact that Geddy wears glasses :P  I'm talking about the diversity of their music catalog.  There is literally something for everyone.

You want something a little 'spacey' or techno?  Try '2112' or 'A Farewell to Kings' (you don't get much more techno than Cyngus X-1). You like some keyboards with your rock and roll?  How about 'Grace Under Pressure', 'Power Windows' or 'Hold your Fire.'    In the mood for classic 'hits' (or as close as Rush gets to that, anyway) - obviously you have to have 'Permanent Waves' and 'Moving Pictures.'   Want your prog rock to have a theme?  'Hemispheres' should do the trick.

And finally - want something a bit more modern and straight out kicking your ass?  There's always 'Snakes and Arrows' - and the new tracks - 'BU2B' and 'Caravan'.  I cannot WAIT to hear their upcoming 'Clockwork Angels'.  Should diversify their catalog even more if you can believe it.

I think this is why I never get tired of having Rush on repeat in my car.  Whatever I'm in the mood for, I can find it - and I know it will be high quality rock and roll.  The fact that my three favorite guys happen to produce it is just a bonus.

2 comments:

  1. The diversity of music is probably why I have such a hard time saying which cd or song is my absolute favorite (notice I put cd instead of album, I am trying to catch up with the times!). Thanks for your "7 Reasons why I love Rush" series of blogs. It gets my day started on a positive note! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of "synth" Rush, my forst thought is of Signals. For those who are into the production side, (headphones in a dark room type of thing), Power Windows is the best they have done.

    ReplyDelete