The dude who sits in the cubicle behind me has recently been dubbed "The King of Stink." By me. That's KOS for short.
Thankfully, his stench is not rampant, mutant B.O. (a la Seinfeld) like I have smelled on random a coworker. No, this is a sweet, Yuppie slash social climber cologne smell which makes me sneeze and blow my nose ALL.DAY.LONG. Every day. It's a thousand wonders I don't have to leave work early every freaking day with an 'omg your cologne is gross' headache. Why can't he be one of these managers who is heard on calls but never seen at the office? It would spare me so much kleenex.
So what do ya do? Leave him a 'please stop stinking' note on his desk? Talk to his manager? (In this revolving door IT shop, I don't even know who that could possibly be.) Go to HR and complain? Yeah, because I so want to out myself to them as the freaky allergy girl. That's how you want to get on their radar!
I don't know him at all other than the awkward 'hi' in the hallway (more of a 'I know you because I sit near you so I have to say hi' than anything) so I can't exactly have a 'hey, could you tone down the stink ass cologne?' talk with him. Oh and I have had that conversation in the past, in case you were wondering. But that was with my friend Eddie, and now we kinda joke about it when he reeks.
So, I suffer in silence, sometimes with wads of kleenex shoved in each nostril so I can't smell. People have come to my desk while this is going on. Imagine the fast explanation required after someone sees you with a snot rag shoved up to your brain. Just don't judge me until you've walked a mile in my kleenex.

I judge you not for I have experienced the same plight on many occasions and suffer in silence as well. Sometimes I feel as though I have wandered into a department store and been trapped next to the perfume or cologne counter. I raise my kleenex to you, may we make it through the rest of the day without are eyes flowing like rivers.
ReplyDelete1/2 a gallon of after shave is what some guys think makes them less ugly and boring, and makes clothes fall off women faster than Humpty Dumpty off a wall!
ReplyDelete