Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm a bad blogger

I mean - aren't I supposed to be doing this every day?   I'm starting to think my life is just not that - well, interesting, for lack of a better term!  LOL. 

And looking back on some of what I posted, I'm also sort of afraid that I'm a bit of a negative Nancy which I totally do not want to be.  Well, not ALL the time anyway.  :D  I mean unless you count the Rush posts and the doggie post...I think other than that, I'm whining about stuff.  And that is grating - trust me, I know!

I mean let's face it - I've got it pretty good.  I have an awesome husband who lets me be his Negative Nancy (aka 'little prophet of doom') who worries all the time a bit about random crap that I can't control - and yet, he loves me anyway.  He takes care of our sweet daughter all day every day and never complains once.  Granted, she is the sweetest child in the world and a really happy baby, but still.  Being a stay at home parent can suck the life out of you on even your best days, and make you long for adult conversation (even the most mundane)  - but looking at him, you'd never really know.  Which is a level of awesome I struggled to maintain during my mere three months of maternity leave. 

My job, while not my dream job, is pretty flexible.  I never feel like I have to justify myself if I need to leave early for an appointment, or work for home because I wake up sick or Emily has an appointment.  The commute doesn't suck and my coworkers, on the whole, are pretty awesome.  The pay is decent and the benefits are great.  Sure, I wish I were doing nothing but immigration paperwork all day every day - but at least I'm not digging ditches. 

My family and friends couldn't be better.  I consider my close friends to be my family so I should just say my family are awesome.  No drama from them, no hidden agendas like in some families - just support, love and laughs.  All of us are healthy, which given what some of my other friends have gone through with their families is worth it's weight in gold.

So I dunno - is it me, or does the world as a whole have a bit of a negative outlook?  Or is it just that it's more interesting (and funny) to write about things that aren't roses and clovers all the time?  I mean you couldn't make the shit up about the King of Stink or my crapola parking of late.  I just don't want to sound whiny or bitchy all the time - so I guess this is my way of saying I know that I can be and I acknowledge it. There.  I said it.  Bad blogger.  B A D!!!!

1 comment:

  1. not a bad blogger at all! Part of the joy of blogging is writing when we feel like it, not just another responsibility in a busy mom's day. :) I love reading about the King of Stink or anything you wish to write about. It is, after all, YOUR blog! :) Heck, I haven't written anything since the great egg controversy. I should probably think up something to write about :)

    ReplyDelete