Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rush post-mortem

Heh.  Cuz some of us kind of felt like we were run over by a truck yesterday.  But a happy truck, kind of like an ice cream truck with a huge Geddy Lee head on top.  :D

The pre-show party could not have been more fun.  Linda and I had door duty (checking folks in) and it was fun chatting with all the fans as they arrived.  Even more fun was judging the karaoke contest, which was honestly hard to do!!  My dear friend Scott (see us below!) judged the t-shirt/memorabilia contest, and chose a winner who was a cancer survivor.  Her 'Make a Wish' wish was to meet Rush.  Not only did they grant that wish, but Geddy also dedicated a song to her during that night's show.  Priceless!!  (Good choice too, Scott!!)

Seeing some of my old friends - esp. Scott and Sarah - - a gal Chas and I 'knew' back in our message board days but didn't realize until then who she was!! She was 'ilovegeddylee' - and she said my face when she told me that was PRICELESS.  :D  I don't doubt it - she was always awesome and remains that way today.

Made new friends too, which is truly what the experience is all about.  I told the organizer, Jeff, that we ought to just have a Rush fans get together some other time during the year for fun.  Because it sure was a lot of that!


The gig - truly memorable, esp. as my pal Angel was seeing them for the first time.   I think she used words like 'best live show ever' to describe it.  And she isn't kidding.  'Witch Hunt' almost made me cry, but I ended up more verklempt than anything.  :)  Neil's solo was killer.  'The Camera Eye' was another highlight, as was La Villa and (for me) Caravan.  Not to mention finally hearing 'Freewill' with Angel sitting nearby.  Sure beats getting on my cell phone to let her hear it, that's for sure.

I can only hope this means that Rush will play Nashville again.  Because while I don't mind traveling to see them - and always will if I have to - as you can see from the photos, there's nothing like having them in my own back yard.  Good times and noodle salad. 


2 comments:

  1. You look SO pretty in all these pics!!!! Just gorgeous. What an amazing night... I'm so grateful for the opportunity to experience these legends, and I'm hoping they DO come back to Nashville so we can go again. :) Thank you, my dear friend for being there with me!!! It just wouldn't have been the same if B and I had been sitting somewhere else away from you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too enjoyed working the door and meeting people as they arrived. Given my general "shy until I get to know you" nature, it allowed me to at least say "hi, what is your name and where are you from" if nothing else. Thanks for including me once again. I had the best time actually "seeing" the performance in addition to hearing the music. Given my short stature, it is a welcomed rare event! :)

    ReplyDelete