I must admit to an unhealthy habit - that of diet soda addiction. Yeah, I have one and it's not pretty. But it's the only vice I have, and something has to kill me so - judge me not.
ANYhow - those who know me well know that I used to never go anywhere without a Diet Pepsi in tow. Even if I'd go out with friends and they were boozing it up - 9 times out of 10, I preferred to have a Diet Pepsi (Gerianne will attest to this...!). I called it the 'Nectar of the Gods' and it kinda stuck.
However, somehow, somewhere, that nectar now has a new flavor. In the form of Diet Dr Pepper.
This happened at some point either during my pregnancy (caffeine free variety, thank you!) or right after. Either way, I kind of have a small panic attack if my fridge isn't stocked. Shameful, but true. I now know which restaurant chains serve it (McDs, Sonic and Hardees in case you care) and which don't (Burger King, Wendy's, even my beloved Panera). I tend towards those restaurants now if I am out and about somewhere. I can do Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi, but nothing makes me as happy as the (new) Nectar.
This little beauty, pictured below, is my new nirvana. One that I don't get to partake in as much as I'd like. That's right - Sonic's very own Route 44 sized Diet DP. And if you to Sonic go between 2-4 pm, it's half price. Happy hour, indeed!! (I received no financial compensation for this commercial. :P If I had, I probably would be drinking my earnings anyway.)
I know, I know. It's bad for me - but so was staring at things with my eyes crossed when I was little and hey, guess what - they.didn't.stay.that.way. So there. Not to mention that scientists will soon discover that breathing air is bad for you, and you must stop it at once. I'm gonna roll the dice and risk it. :)

Sweet nectar! LOL Life's too short - enjoy the little things. :)
ReplyDeleteYou know that I am absolutely in your corner on this one! I love.love.love Diet Dr. Pepper! And I agree with Angel. Why not enjoy this little treat! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's not coffee!
ReplyDelete